Christmas Day

Friday, December 25, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Christmas day was just like every other one i've ever had and that it a good thing. My mother always insists that diner is at the house, no matter how my sister tries to have it at hers.
As per the custom i go with my father after breakfast into next door for the usual whisky before Valerie, Martin and the girls arrive. Its usually my job to make sure my dad comes back in time for dinner and doesn't drink too much.
Dinner was lovely and mum did a great job as usual, i have been looking forward to christmas dinner for months and believe me it was well worth the wait.
Needless to say i spent the rest of the day on the couch feeling very full. We all went up to Brendan's grave and said a few prayers, not something I'm used to.
The usual soaps were on tv with all the drama of their horrible christmas days but thankfully ours was much nicer.
Shame it rained as mum was looking forward to a white christmas.
I cant believe how much i (and everyone else) ate but i suppose its once a year.
Well apart from tomorrow which will be the same thing but this time in Valerie's place!
I saw Tesha's pics on Facebook of her day and it was great to see she wasn't alone. I wish i could have spent the day with her but next year it will happen.
We will just have to spend the year buying enough warm clothes for her to survive ireland. :)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com